Thursday, December 18, 2008

Blast from the past II

I'm home again from Sackville, and decided to unpack an old box of about 200 CDs. I found some old gems that I'd forgotten about, and one which I hadn't but had forgotten just how much I adore it. These three tracks are here shared avec vous!

Femme Generation are or were a band out of Toronto who I saw open for Ted Leo in 2005, and though they hadn't released their album yet, they had a promo sampler they were giving out. This is a track from that. I was never able to track down their album.

Femme Generation - The Nation's Birthday

I know nothing about CaneFire other than that they're on this indie jazz compilation put out in 2006 by the now-defunct Sam The Record Man chain of stores.

CaneFire - Kaiso Blue


And of course you all know Feist, unless you've been living under a rock for the last couple of years. This is one of my favourite tracks off of Let It Die, it's probably the song, after Mushaboom, most responsible for my love of Feist persisting for four years now. That and the version of Lover's Spit with her on vocals. Me oh my, that's something should be put up some time. But instead, here's this.

Feist - When I Was A Young Girl

No comments: